Ever heard of Apache Kafka? It is a distributed streaming platform.
Neha Narkhede is the CTO of Confluent. During SpringOne Platform 2018 event below, she went on an explained Kafka Streaming Plarform.
A streaming platform has three key capabilities:
- Publish and subscribe to streams of records, similar to a message queue or enterprise messaging system.
- Store streams of records in a fault-tolerant durable way.
- Process streams of records as they occur.
Kafka is generally used for two broad classes of applications:
- Building real-time streaming data pipelines that reliably get data between systems or applications
- Building real-time streaming applications that transform or react to the streams of data
How does Events processing factor into Database changes, Customer interactions, Saas Data, Microservices events? How does Apache Kafka fit into the picture? Check the short video below for a little more context and information.